Christa Weber was born and raised in Meadow Lake, Saskatchewan. After obtaining a Bachelor of Arts in Criminology at the University of Alberta in 2010, Christa moved back to Saskatchewan to attend law school at the University of Saskatchewan. She articled with Legal Aid Saskatchewan at the Regina City Area office and began her practice as a lawyer with the Moose Jaw Area Legal Aid office, practicing exclusively in the areas of criminal and family law. Christa joined Nychuk & Company in January, 2016, as a junior associate and maintains a general practice focused primarily in the area of family law.
Christa is also trained as a collaborative lawyer and can assist clients to reach resolution on matters relating to separation and divorce outside the court process as a form of alternative dispute resolution. Christa has completed her Interdisciplinary Collaborative Training which utilizes other professionals, including financial and mental health specialists, to provide expertise in all aspects related to the breakdown of relationships in efforts to come to a settlement that is fair and informed.
Christa has a love for litigation and has appeared before all levels of Court in Saskatchewan, having conducted trials both at the Provincial Court and Queen’s Bench levels, including before a Judge sitting with a Jury.
- Bachelor of Arts in Criminology (distinction), University of Alberta 2010
- Juris Doctor, University of Saskatchewan (distinction), 2013
- Volunteer with Pro Bono Law Saskatchewan
- Executive member of Creeks Edge Condo Board Association
- Member of Resurrection Parish Choir
- Member of Regina Ballroom Dance Club
- Regina Soccer Association member/player
- Member of Wheelhouse Cycle Club
- Singer in Regina Cover Band, Electric Ruckus
Memberships & Associations
- Law Society of Saskatchewan
- Canadian Bar Association
- Saskatchewan Trial Lawyers Association
- Collaborative Professionals of Saskatchewan