Kayla McKinnon joined Nychuk & Company as a summer student in 2015 and 2016. She returned in 2017 as an articling student following her graduation from the University of Saskatchewan. During her articles, she appeared in both Provincial Court and the Court of Queen’s Bench on a variety of matters. She completed her articles in 2018 and is excited to begin her career. Kayla expects to practice primarily in the areas of family law, wills and estates.
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Regina (distinction), 2013
- Juris Doctor, University of Saskatchewan, 2017
- June 25, 2018
- Volunteered for ProBono in law school
- Volunteered in 2016 and 2017 for the University of Saskatchewan College of Law’s variety show fundraiser: Legal Follies
- Volunteered as Athletes’ Representative for the Saskatchewan Baton Twirling Association
Awards & Recognition
- Retired internationally-competitive baton twirler
- Represented Canada in the World Baton Twirling Championships and International Cup for nine consecutive years
- Placed as a finalist multiple times in a variety of events throughout those years
- Earned a variety of awards from both the Saskatchewan Baton Twirling Association (SBTA) and the Canadian Baton Twirling Federation (CBTF) during her baton twirling career, including Athlete of the Year and Grand National Champion.
Memberships & Associations
- Law Society of Saskatchewan
- Canadian Bar Association