Kevin Mellor practices in civil litigation and corporate commercial services. Kevin’s preferred areas of civil litigation include shareholder disputes, debtor and creditor protection and enforcement, judicial review of government decisions, and tax litigation against the CRA. Regarding corporate commercial services, his preferred areas of practice are share and asset purchases, real estate purchases, drafting contracts, executing tax plans, unanimous shareholders agreements, corporate governance, securities documents and lastly estate preparation including the drafting of wills.
Kevin has significant career experience as a Chartered Professional Accountant and has represented individuals, small companies, and large corporations for the last 34 years.
Kevin has many years of experience in every level of Court in Saskatchewan including the Provincial Court, Court of Queen’s Bench, and the Court of Appeal for Saskatchewan. He has also represented clients before the Supreme Court of Canada, the Tax Court of Canada, the Federal Court, and the Federal Court of Appeal. Further, Kevin has represented clients in tribunals in British Columbia and has performed trials in Alberta Provincial Court.
- Bachelor of Business Administration, University of Regina
- Bachelor of Laws, University of Saskatchewan.
- Chartered Professional Accountant, Chartered Accountant.
- Saskatchewan (1991)
- Coached various sports in Regina including flag football, RCBA basketball
- Wascana Golf and Country Club
Awards & Recognition
- 1977 Member of the Saskatchewan Junior Golf Team which won the Western Canada Junior Golf Championship.
- 1978 Member of the Saskatchewan Junior Golf Team.
Memberships & Associations
- Law Society of Saskatchewan
- Canadian Bar Association – Saskatchewan
- Wascana Golf & Country Club