Jim Vogel was admitted to the bar in 1989 and practiced with Merchant Law Group until 1999 when he joined Nychuk & Company. He has practiced almost exclusively in Family Law since 1988, with some Estate Planning. Jim has extensive experience in trial advocacy at all levels of court in Saskatchewan and has also assisted in cases at the Supreme Court of Canada. He has limited practice in Manitoba and Alberta.
Jim is a regular lecturer in Family Law matters with Continuing Professional Development for the Saskatchewan Law Society and Saskatchewan Trial Lawyers Association and was Past Director of the Collaborative Lawyers Association. Jim was honoured with a Queen’s Counsel designation in 2016.
Jim has been married to Jeannette for 30 years and participated extensively as a coach and administrator in the activities of their now grown three children.
- Bachelor of Administration, University of Regina, 1984
- Bachelor of Laws, University of Saskatchewan, 1987
- Volunteer with Pro Bono Law Saskatchewan
- Past Director – Saskatchewan Hospice Palliative Care Association
Memberships & Associations
- Law Society of Saskatchewan
- Canadian Bar Association
- Saskatchewan Trial Lawyers Association
- Collaborative Professionals of Saskatchewan (Past Director)