How to Divide Family Property Fairly and Legally
If you are going through a divorce or separation, one of the most challenging and stressful issues you may face is how to divide your family property. Family property includes any assets or debts that you and your spouse acquired during your relationship, such as your home, vehicles, bank accounts, investments, pensions, mortgages, loans, credit cards, etc. In Saskatchewan, family property is generally divided equally between spouses, unless there are exceptional circumstances that make an equal division unfair or impractical.
However, dividing family property is not always a straightforward process. There are many factors to consider, such as:
- What is the value of each asset or debt?
- When did you acquire each asset or debt?
- How did you contribute to each asset or debt?
- Are there any exemptions or exclusions that apply to certain assets or debts?
- How will the division affect your taxes, benefits, insurance, etc.?
- How will the division affect your future financial security and lifestyle?
To answer these questions and ensure a fair and legal division of family property, you need the guidance and representation of an experienced family law lawyer. That’s where Nychuk & Company Law Office comes in.
Nychuk & Company Law Office is a full-service law firm that has been serving clients in Regina and Southern Saskatchewan since 1991. We have a team of skilled and compassionate lawyers who practice in various areas of law, including family law. We understand the emotional and financial challenges that come with divorce or separation, and we are committed to helping you achieve the best possible outcome for your situation.
We can help you with all aspects of family property division, such as:
- Negotiating a fair and reasonable settlement agreement with your spouse
- Drafting a legally binding separation agreement or court order that reflects your settlement
- Representing you in court if you and your spouse cannot agree on how to divide your property
- Advising you on how to protect your rights and interests throughout the process
- Assisting you with any post-divorce issues that may arise, such as enforcing or modifying your agreement or order
At Nychuk & Company Law Office, we believe that every client deserves personalized attention and professional service. We will listen to your needs and goals, explain your options and obligations, and work with you to find the most effective and efficient solution for your case. We will also keep you informed and updated on every step of the process, and answer any questions or concerns you may have along the way.
If you are looking for a trusted and reputable law firm to help you with family property division in Regina and Southern Saskatchewan, look no further than Nychuk & Company Law Office. Contact us today to schedule a consultation with one of our family law lawyers. We are here to help.